Xbox Music suggestion box

Thanks for chiming in! Your suggestions help us understand how you use Xbox Music. Show your support for existing suggestions or make new suggestions. Either way, you get 10 votes to cast for the changes you want.

Please note that participation here is voluntary and the suggestion box is monitored. If your submission isn’t a suggestion, it might be removed. Please don’t send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples, or demos for which you don’t want to grant a license to Microsoft. For more info, see the Terms of Service link below.

Please limit your suggestions to 25 words or less. Remember to search for your idea before posting! Your idea may have already been requested.

Tell us your idea!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Entire personal music collection should be available on Windows Phone 8 without requiring a Music Pass

In an effort to attract people to your ecosystem, you need to offer things which are exclusive to that ecosystem. Why not allow Windows Phone 8 users full access to their entire music collection (as per the new Xbox Music website) without first requiring them to own a Music Pass. IOS and Android users could still be forced to pay for a Music Pass to do this, but for once Windows Phone users will benefit from a cohesive ecosystem. It makes no sense to prevent this on Windows Phones and Xbox 360, yet provide the service as a website.

3,648 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      under review  ·  58 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Notification center... (aka Action Center)

Music app controls in the notification center...

3,126 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        51 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        under review  ·  RebeccaRebecca responded

Thanks for the feedback, we’ll take this one back to our design team to investigate action center integration.

• Improve performance on Windows Phone 8 app

When I unlock the device, it keep saying resuming for 5 to 10 secondes before actually loading the app. And when I select a song, sometimes I have to wait 5 secondes before I can actually see the now playing page. It's really weird since in Windows phone 7, it didn't do that !

3,019 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          104 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have been working to improve the Music app on Windows Phone 8.1 – the latest version is 2.6.186.0. If you’re seeing issues as you upgrade to 8.1, please feel free to post a description of the scenarios that aren’t quite right in that app as suggestions on this site. We would like to track how many people are affected by specific issues using this site’s Vote feature.

Thank you all for your support and feedback!

• METADATA AND ID3 TAGS FIX?!

First of all, the main problem people are encountering:

The metadata (album art, artist name, album, etc.) is constantly being changed by Xbox Music! I've already deleted my music collection 3 times, to no avail. Fix this so that Xbox Music DOES NOT TOUCH any existing song data. You did it before, why is the problem reappearing?

Secondly, the artist picture. We should be able to choose our own artist image, as the pictures selected by Xbox are consistently low-resolution. When I was using the Music+Videos Hub, there was an app that allowed personal addition of artist images. This should…

1,961 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            78 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Equalizer

This is for windows phone and Xbox. Please PLEASE PLEASEEEEEE have an equalizer for the ms music service. How can this be missing? I am dumping ms music/zune until you get one. This is so basic its pathetic and completely irresponsible that after 3-4 years of people asking for a basic equalizer and MS STILL has not delivered!!!!

1,732 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              under review  ·  35 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Wireless Synch

The same capability that existed for Windows phone 7. Wireless synch phones and Xboxes.

1,188 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                12 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                under review  ·  RebeccaRebecca responded

Thanks for your suggestion, I’ll pass this on to our phone team for consideration.

• Delete entire albums via tap&hold, Download entire albums from the cloud

I have multiple phone devices and a lot of music; I would love to have an easier life downloading entire albums from my own cloud collection to the phone directly or deleting entire albums or artists at once.
                Especially the former is a pain when I cannot redownload an album through xbox music store because it is in my cloud collection (but not on the phone)...

1,160 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  5 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Xbox Music app landscape mode

I would like for the xbox music app to have some sort of landscape mode. I drive a lot and use my phone as a GPS so my phone is in the landscape orientation often. I have to rotate the phone, which is a great inconvenience, select my playlist, and rotate the phone again.

758 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Xbox Music/Windows Phone Alarm Clock

I would like to see Microsoft work on providing more comprehensive alarm functionality by utilizing Xbox Music, whether that is through a physical hardware solution with an actual alarm clock (iHome?) or by integrating and improving the current alarm app to take advantage of Xbox Music and other music apps.

670 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      10 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Fix Sync Experience - It Needs An Overhaul

The Sync Experience from WP7 to WP8 (post Zune) is awful. This is what has changed:
                      1) Zune had seemless integration of Preowned music, Zune Pass Music and Zune Purchased music. It was extremely straightforward way to manage music.
                      With WP8, pre-existing music libraries now have to be:
                      a) managed separately and manually, or b)'matched' with the cloud collection.
                      The problem with a) is that it severely fragments the UX and makes the task unnecessarily complex and the tools are extremely limited. Additionally, XBM desktop may also try to cloud match the same music and create a mess of clashes…

621 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        32 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Songs in multi-disc albums cannot be sorted correctly

In WP 8.1 Preview, when I copied a two-disc album to my phone, and tried to play the songs by album, the songs would go completely out of order.

For example, it was supposed to be sorted like this:

Disc 1 - Track 1
                        Disc 1 - Track 2
                        Disc 1 - Track n
                        Disc 2 - Track 1
                        Disc 2 - Track 2
                        Disc 2 - Track n

But in fact the Xbox Music app will sort the songs like this:
                        Disc 1 - Track 1
                        Disc 2 - Track 1
                        Disc 1 - Track 2
                        Disc…

542 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          7 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Add a personal background.

First I use Windows Phone 8.

I would like to select a image (saved in mi phone) and use it in the music application as background (obviously one picture by each artist), because some times I haven't artist background.

And you should improve the classification of genres, I like Metal Music and most of the bands are misclassified. Some bands appear like Rock or Pop Music. If you need more information about generes of some band that plays Metal for edit his metadata you can check: http://www.metal-archives.com/

540 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            11 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Car-Mode

Car-Mode for Xbox Music.
                            Larger Buttons on screen:
                            Shuffle on-off, next, Prev, Pause
                            Nice album cover. Nice visualizations.
                            Now&Next screen, showing current playlist and allowing to jump to another song in the list with smooth scrolling.

Voice based (cortana?) search.

Landscape Mode!

Ability to autolounch the XBox Muisc Car Mode automatically when the app is started in car (optional!)

403 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              14 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Bring Back New Music in the Xbox Music Store on the Windows Phone Xbox Music App

Before WP8.1, Music+Video was one app and when you accessed the store there was an option to see new albums or new albums by genre.

I'd like that to be brought back in the Xbox Music store app so I can easily find the new music being added every Tuesday morning. Currently it only offers Top Artists/Top Songs/Top Albums.

390 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                20 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • XBOX Music Application for Windows Phone 8.1 Revamp

Honestly, functionally the Layout of the Music Hub was much better than the current app and here is why. The Music Hub had next song preview, navigation to previous and next track with a swipe, share, heart for favorite tracks even though this didn't really work) and a shuffle that exceeded 100 songs.

So in the spirit of that design I'd love it if they

#1 Give us the Store, Collection, History and New Sections back as the entry point of the application. I searched for a lot more music seeing those sections first because i saw what was new…

369 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  9 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Add Play To (DLNA) support to the WP8.1 Xbox Music app

The WP8.1 Xbox Music app needs Play To support to compete with Apple and Google offerings.

The platform is capable but this should not require a separate app (like Nokia Play To) to use.

289 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    8 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Incorporate all features from Music part of the Xbox Music+Videos hub from Windows Phone 8 and features from Zune Music+Videos hub on WP7

The music part of the Xbox Music+Videos hub on WP8 and music part of the Zune Music+Videos hub on WP7 were much more stable and featured. I'd like the features from those in the Xbox Music app + more features other users have suggested.

282 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

We encourage you to tell us what to prioritize on our backlogs by voting for more specific suggestions on the site.

You mention stability – if you’re seeing issues, please feel free to post a description of the scenarios that aren’t quite right as suggestions on this site too.

Thank you all for your support and feedback!

• Add option to edit ID3 tags (song metadata)

Add the option to edit song metadata (e.g. artist name, album name, title) and add album art and artist picture from Picture library or link.

268 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • 8.1 bring back the HUB

Please bring back the HUB in WP 8.1. By taking away hubs you are essentially killing the core features that make WP well WP. In addition the app that is replacing the hub in the 8.1 dev preview is a complete joke and disaster. Things that don't work or don't work reliably include Artist lock screen pictures, the general performance, people with large catalogs can't even open the app as it chokes, and that just getting started. Please see all of the reply's here : http://www.wpcentral.com/xbox-music-awful-windows-phone-81-update-near?page=1

190 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          4 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Cloud Play Buffer

When playing music I often am commuting, this sometimes causes me to go through areas of poor signal strength. Consider buffering the next couple songs in the queue while currently playing a song, this will ensure smoother playback.

187 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            3 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 60 61
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Xbox Music suggestion box

Feedback and Knowledge Base