Tell us your idea!

I wish my phone, Xbox, and Windows 8 experiences would synchronize.

I want to listen to, and continue listening to, my music across my devices.

When I drive to work, I'm listening to music on my phone. When I get to my desk at work, I would like it to have synced my current song, playlist, and position in the current song (my phone pauses when I get out of the car), so that all I have to do is press Play when I log in to my computer and put on my headphones.

Likewise, I would like to pause my music at the end of the work day, get in my car and hit play, and have it continue where I left off. Then when I get home, (again, music on my phone is paused) walk inside my house and tell my Xbox to continue where I left off.

If I pause it on my Xbox or turn it off and go log in to my desktop or laptop, I want to continue it there.

I don't ask for much! ;-)

1,618 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jordan HofkerJordan Hofker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Smarter playlists!  ·   · 
    AshAsh shared a merged idea: Cross syncing! The songs/playlists I DL thru Music Pass are locked to my WP8. I'd like to create a playlist then use it on another device  ·   · 
    Vanessa PerezVanessa Perez shared a merged idea: It be aweosme if  ·   · 
    Juan RodriguezJuan Rodriguez shared a merged idea: Allow switching from one device to another seamlessly  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Make syncing Tablet Pro & Windows 8 easier--as easy as Bluetooth!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I love music  ·   · 
    Stephen HilliardStephen Hilliard shared a merged idea: Have xbox music actually sync music with your Windows phone 8 device  ·   · 
    Andrew MackAndrew Mack shared a merged idea: Collection and Radio Sync from music.xbox.com  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Sync  ·   · 
    Sindre BoreSindre Bore shared a merged idea: Same Collection on all units  ·   · 
    AlexAlex shared a merged idea: IOS and Windows 8  ·   · 
    ZachZach shared a merged idea: Integration issues  ·   · 
    Тимур РинатовичТимур Ринатович shared a merged idea: сделать проще регестрацию  ·   · 
    ryanryan shared a merged idea: WP8 syncing  ·   · 
    Andrew RoversoAndrew Roverso shared a merged idea: synchronize music and playlists from my desktop to my phone like zune did  ·   · 
    under review  ·  RebeccaRebecca responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback! Looks like this is going to be a popular request, I’ll send it over to the feature team for review. Thanks for posting.

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JacquesJacques commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to this request: http://xboxmusic.uservoice.com/forums/209733-xbox-music-suggestion-box/suggestions/4719783-remote-control
        When I search for remote or control, it doesn't come up anymore.
        The uservoice forum is scattered with request to remotely control the Xbox music App between all devices. Please combine this request with remote control, we all have multiple devices and want to have the choice to play from one device to the other while keeping Xbox music UX.

• JackJack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Combine this with the remote control feature and it becomes my one and only music player.

• Ryan WhiteheadRyan Whitehead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure if this has already been addressed in comments, but I build all my playlists on my computer ... and then I go to my phone and they're either not there or they're incomplete. Random example: a playlist viewed online has 161 songs, on my phone it has 24. Insanely frustrating.

• CarlCarl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem I have with Xbox Music syncing is that I have no idea what it's doing. It has music from my PC that I own the CD and have ripped myself marked as Streaming only or in the cloud as if I got it from my Music Pass. On my hard drive in my Music Library, almost every song is duplicated (multiple MP3 files). On my Windows Phone 8, even though I have unchecked "Xbox Music Cloud Collection" it continues to stream music from the cloud. If I had unlimited cellular data I wouldn't care, but I don't.

All I know for sure is that the syncing worked with Zune and Windows Phone 7. Now, it is just a mess.

I'm not trying to be rude, but my frustration at not being able to get this to work is growing daily.

I'm a programmer and IT manager and consider myself computer savvy, but Xbox Music make me feel like a Noob.

• Nham Thien DuongNham Thien Duong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

tHISs can easily be implemented by upgrading the Zune desktop application to an Xbox Music and Xbox Video desktop application without losing any features (well, the Windows Phone app can also start supporting WP7).

• Will ThompsonWill Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pause and play when you move between situations like this is really useful, but I'd also like to be able to synchronize playback on multiple devices. That way I could have my Phone in my kitchen, Xbox in my living room and PC in my study all playing the same music at the same time. Great for parties! Similar to http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/, and SmartGlass has shown promising steps toward it!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's simple. Just like every other platform, I would like the music I download via my phone to sync with my other devices that share my xbox music pass. What is so difficult about getting this to work? By now MS should understand the importance of music to consumers. Remember: the ipod brought Apple back to life. Music IS important to people. Quit giving us second rate software and players that fall well short of what google and apple give their customers. You guys have had plenty of time to correct your mistakes.

• Ted DriggsTed Driggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The biggest issue for me is not continuity of pause state, but continuity of collection. When I download a song to my phone, I expect it to be in the collection on my PC, but it isn't. This results in making it very easy to forget about songs which I discovered using SoundHound or some other phone app, since I downloaded the song to the phone but never to the PC.

Feedback and Knowledge Base