Tell us your idea!

Wireless Synch

The same capability that existed for Windows phone 7. Wireless synch phones and Xboxes.

1,146 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Curtis Clsy IIICurtis Clsy III shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  RebeccaRebecca responded  · 

Thanks for your suggestion, I’ll pass this on to our phone team for consideration.

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox Music is the main reason I don't upgrade from my Lumina 900, and loss of Zune style syncing is the main reason I don't want Xbox Music.

• JörnJörn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WiFi music sync in Zune was the best feature of Windows Phone. It was unique among the mobile OSs and made me really feel like living in the future of interconnected devices. Ceasing all support for it on Windows 8 even with my WP7 device, and removing the feature on WP8 is still the biggest step backwards for Windows Phone in my book, as music is by far my most important use case on my phone.
        It is a constant struggle to get indie songs, which Xbox Music fails to match, onto your phone and keep them manually in sync with your other devices.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. First started using Microsoft music services with Win 7 phone and Zune. Name is not important but the Zune interface was much better than the current XBox music. That along with wireless synch, and an holistic ecosystem between phone, laptop or tablet and other devices is needed. Create relationships with third party device manufacturers to add an Xbox Music app, e
        g. Samsung, Sonos, etc. Want a whole house controller capability with an easy UI.

• SeanSean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's crazy that this feature went away. It should be way up there on the priority list!

• ArckinsArckins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome since many Xbox Music services isn't available to most countries. This would give convenience for us the users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mattie-Koop, and it still does. I have a Lumia 900 and a Samsung Focus I use as MP3 players and they still both wirelessly sync with my Zune.

• Matti-KoopaMatti-Koopa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This did actually work for someone? I tried the wireless synchronization on two WP7 devices back then and it never worked. I figured it was just broken and instead of fixing it they just removed it.

• Ben GabrielsonBen Gabrielson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the Xbox Matching service is not available for all tracks (and for non-XBox Music Pass Subscribers) being able to wirelessly sync tracks from PC to device is a important need. The WP Sync app on Windows 8 is dismal and pulling in a USB is a waste of time when music lockers are available that do the same thing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base