Tell us your idea!

The ability to upload and playback my music from an online location (the cloud)

After using Google Music and experiencing the convenience of having all of my personal music live online, I can't go back to any other service. Here are some of the advantages that I found using Google Music over Xbox Music:

1.) All of my songs are available. Because I collect B-Sides and other rare songs for even famous artists, Xbox Music's cloud matching doesn't find a lot of my music.

2.) Having my music online is the only solution for devices with limited storage like my phone or on devices such as the Xbox where the built-in Music app doesn't recognize physical songs on the hard drive. I don't have the option of physically transferring my music to various devices.

3.) I am old fashioned in that I still physically like buying CDs. Ripping a CD, uploading it to a cloud service that doesn't downsample the music too much, and having it available across all of my Windows and iOS devices is fantastic.

I feel that Xbox Music is really pushing the subscription angle, and I think that is great. The downside is that for songs that you can't get via the subscription, the option for uploading them should be provided.

Cheers,
Kirupa

1,171 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kirupa ChinnathambiKirupa Chinnathambi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Dhananjay VenuriDhananjay Venuri shared a merged idea: I want the xbox music to be browser based where online users cannot only access there music files from onedrive but also share music  ·   · 
    Kevin BalkeKevin Balke shared a merged idea: More intelligent management of stored/cloud media  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: If it's not broke don't fix it.  ·   · 
    PatrickPatrick shared a merged idea: A few complaints.  ·   · 
    LinnaeusLinnaeus shared a merged idea: Xbox Music App REALLY should allow music to Desktop  ·   · 
    LailaLaila shared a merged idea: Cloud and Music management?  ·   · 
    Patrick20862Patrick20862 shared a merged idea: Upload Songs to My collection  ·   · 
    JakeJake shared a merged idea: Music on your phones  ·   · 
    MoMo shared a merged idea: xbox music  ·   · 
    Dave BorgmanDave Borgman shared a merged idea: Very lacking.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Ability to upload my own music to the cloud that isn't support in my country.  ·   · 
    Dave BorgmanDave Borgman shared a merged idea: I hate it!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: upload local music files to xbox music  ·   · 
    Simon PaulSimon Paul shared a merged idea: Cloud Collection that syncs all my music, not just XBM available songs  ·   · 
    Brian Brian shared a merged idea: non-matched albums and other ideas  ·   · 
    Bruno SilvaBruno Silva shared a merged idea: Upload a Music  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Cloud collection feature mentioned before but still missing  ·   · 
    mistergamermistergamer shared a merged idea: Add our own songs if they don't exist in Xbox Music  ·   · 
    KimNKimN shared a merged idea: delete music from cloud on desktop app in Windows 8.1  ·   · 
    Barry JohnsonBarry Johnson shared a merged idea: Just give me a decent cloud locker  ·   · 
    Christian BayleyChristian Bayley shared a merged idea: The Ability to Add artists and Albums that aren't Already on the Cloud  ·   · 
    under review  ·  RebeccaRebecca responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback! I’ll send this one to our cloud collection team.

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      ← Previous 1