Tell us your idea!

Xbox Music Family Plan

Please offer a plan which can be shared within a family on a wider array of devices.

1,089 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    o2no1selfo2no1self shared a merged idea: MusicPass family plan because who wants to share a playlist with a 'tween!  ·   · 
    vipklvipkl shared a merged idea: Allow Xbox Music, Video, and IAP to use a secondary Microsoft Account (like Windows Store)  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Music Pass Family Plans?  ·   · 
    under review  ·  RebeccaRebecca responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback, I’ll pass this one on to our business team.

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another one for this idea, I have an Xbox One, Surface Pro, 8.1 laptop and desktop and a 1520, my wife has a Surface 2, 8.1 laptop and 520, apart from having separate accounts we share everything, I really find it very strange for MS not to have a family music pass, there is no way in the world my wife would be happy for me to pay £10 per month out of our joint bank account and she can't use the music.

Having bought the Xbox One I am very surprised at how MS are treating music users, I find it increadible that I the Xbox One does not support local music, so I am now forced to either push music from another device or go back to the desktop and use media center.

I love MS products at the moment but cannot recommend any one to buy an Xbox One or their music services.

Bob

• Travis STravis S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I made this complaint on Microsoft's forums but yeah! This is greatly desired in my household. A good family based music service. Low monthly cost preferably because can still technically and easily do it for free... But would rather use Xbox :)

• Joe RussellJoe Russell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So apparently this idea is under review and was passed to the Xbox Music team over a year ago. Any chance of getting an update on where this one is currently at? As more and more services become subscription based, the ability to share services like this will become a must for anyone who want to succeed in a particular market segment. With Beats offering a family plan Xbox Music has already dropped the ball on this one and unless you want to loose customers you're going to have to improve your offering.

• muZemuZe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please oh please MS help us with this. Personally I have a Lumia 1520, my wife and 2 of my sons have a Lumia 920, we have 3 Windows 8.1 PC's, 2 8.1 Laptops, a Windows 8.1 RT tablet and as it stands if I want my family to enjoy the Music Pass experience that I have been enjoying since WP 8/Windows 8 launched, I'd be looking at $40/month. Please listen to these voices and make this a reality before it's too late.

• DawidDawid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know it's too late as Xbox responded. It should be something like 15$ for 2 devices, 20$ for 3 devices and 25$ for 5 devices

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something Apple is doing - share music, videos, and apps with your family, and restrict music/videos when not age-appropriate from your kids.

• KyleKyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll be moving to beats in 90 days when my free trial ends if family pass is not available by then.

• Andrew LawrenceAndrew Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's if you want to share a single music collection with your family. :D We definitely need a family plan for sure. Something you can do currently is keep an eye out for sales on 1 year and 3 month prepaid codes. Not pretty, but it helps.

Also, I'm not sure, but can the Music app on Windows 8.1 sign in individual accounts, or is it still the main account on the phone? On Windows 8 I believe you can do that.

Just realized that we needed a music family plan this week as my wife was considering moving from android to windows phone. ironically moving to WP meant we'd have to purchase a 2nd subscription instead of sharing the one existing one.

• Andres OlivaresAndres Olivares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need a family share plan. Across multiple devices is not the same as purchasing a multi-user subscription. Even if there is a slightly higher cost, it would be flexible for members to have shared access.

Please do this quickly. Much needed.

• Paul DespePaul Despe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given others in the industry are now offering better sharing plans than Xbox Music, Microsoft really should meet or beat their prices/features just like the rest of the Microsoft Cloud offerings(OneDrive, Azure, etc.)

• Bart WBart W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is pretty simple. Look at Office and see how this should be executed.

• RocRoc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The should be the number one request. I've been a subscriber for the longest. I have a family of four and cannot use Xbox music for the family. Beats have set a new standard. This is needed as I will not pay for two music services. Entire family is Windows Phones and Xboxes. Don't disappoint!

• Svoboda1Svoboda1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, Beats has dropped the gauntlet. Microsoft needs to step up to the plate here since they've been preaching the One experience with the Windows 8, WP8 and Xbox One. Big, big opportunity missed here.

Please offer a family plan, it is the only thing that prevents us from using xbox Music

• PatrickPatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beats has a family plan 5 users - ten devices
        Bose/Sonos integration would also be a plus

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Take a page from Beats Music, or perhaps Office Home Premium. One fee, five accounts, up to 10 devices. Beats offers this for $15/month, $180 year. That pricing certainly seems reasonable, I might even be willing to pay a bit more. This would put the Xbox Music Pass over the top.

If fits the focus of "devices and services", subscription revenue gives you great visibility and it gets people into the ecosystem. Do you think that a few of those in a family are going to be kids? Do you think that giving them a positive experience in something they care about might make them view Microsoft in a more favorable light, and that they may continue using your products?

Just saying that from where I sit, this looks like a no brainer.

• IRBIRB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This, for me is my #1 request. I'd like to nominate another account (my gf) to have access to my pass. It could still be restricted to 4 devices for offline content and count the ones between the shared access, I'd be Ok with that.

This way I don't have to log in on her phone so she can listen to an album.

• Munsey SlackMunsey Slack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS!! I have four in my family and we all listen to similar music. It makes no sense for me to have to buy 4 music passes. I'd gladly pay more for a family plan but not $45/mo.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base