Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JamesJames shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Enable scrubbing with a nice seek bar  ·   · 

55 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Blake LowryBlake Lowry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yay! That was a minor thing compared to the other, massive UI bugs and problems though. Hopefully those get resolved.

• MegamaNMegamaN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup, I saw that due to WPCentral's site, yesterday.
        It's like a silent update but it has arrived, now to wait for the Windows Phone 8.1 Update for public use before I upgrade.
        Microsoft is listening and doing something about it, glad to have made the choice to stick with WP.

• Krush YouKrush You commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been added with the new update released today, there will be bi-weekly updates to this application and the feedback here is driving it.

The second-highest suggestion is labeled as "Planned."
        This a big insult to the 4,337 votes on this suggestion, besides the fact that this suggestion is still #1.
        I might as well start to even think about another OS, I wanted to always be Windows Phone, due to Nokia Lumia, but...*sigh* disappointed.

Honestly, for its position, I am surprised that Cameron nor Rebecca have said anything, not even "This is a great idea."

I am with you, M Sheets. For the same matter that I saw that the volume bars were implemented, I thought that the phone would have this feature as well. It disappointed me that it didn't.
        Even if they use the regular layout as the current Windows 8 player, they could put the big thumb icon that can slide across the seek bar, without sacrificing size.

• M SheetsM Sheets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should just be implemented like the volume bars on Windows Phone 8.1.

And that same interface should be used for things like this across Windows. It's by far the best and most intuitive when it comes to these basic sliders (I like it much better than when the white handle is cropped)

• ArckinsArckins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed, its weird it's not possible on Windows Phone. Even Xbox Music on Windows 8.X got this.
        Potential switchers from other platforms (Android, iOS) would be disappointed of lacking sliding seek bar. This is a standard among music player apps ever since. Even its small its still possible to slide it, maybe having Windows 8.X style slider would work, by popping up slider controls when touched and then you can drag it easily.

• M SheetsM Sheets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally in agreement. This has been one of the major downfalls on Xbox Music, regardless of device. Basic tracking has taken a very long time to get into place.

• Param SinghParam Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this still under review? It's the highest requested feature, isn't whole purpose of this site is to acknowledge at least the top requested features.

Brenda, so far, you make 2 out of 3,999 that doesn't want this.
        Sure, they might have to test the feature multiple times to achieve great effect without being in the way, but this feature I have been hoping for, for years.
        We all work differently, so I empathize with your belief, but mine stands as well, I want this feature badly.
        Besides, I have expressed my frustrations working with the buttons in a previous comment.

• BrendaBrenda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't want this, and I haven't wanted it since I've used a Zune 120GB. Just tap+hold the fast forward button. That's been the behavior all along. It works fine like that. If you add this, it could very well get in the way of other controls. Do you even have music tracks that are long enough to even require a scrubber?

• GeekPriestGeekPriest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current elapsed time slider is way too small for this purpose. It would need to be significantly larger, and the elapsed time would need to be quite a bit larger (font-wise) and not so darned dark against the black background.

• G4m3 0nG4m3 0n commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree any sort of FF or RW should be stock standard. Cannot believe this was not included in the in app as a basic requirement

bhobg, I have explained my reason, third one down below your reply.
        I loved using it on Blackberry and I use my music app constantly.
        Plus, the press-and-hold is not instant.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base