Tell us your idea!

Xbox Music/Windows Phone Alarm Clock

I would like to see Microsoft work on providing more comprehensive alarm functionality by utilizing Xbox Music, whether that is through a physical hardware solution with an actual alarm clock (iHome?) or by integrating and improving the current alarm app to take advantage of Xbox Music and other music apps.

572 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NoelNoel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, exactly, I was thinkin' more along the lines of waking up to a playlist, or an album, or an artist... I don't mind lying half asleep listen' to music...

• SeanSean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alarm clock is one of the few essential things that a smartphone has to do well. This is a great idea. Maybe you could take it a step further by reaching out to popular producers/DJs and getting them to record/create some jingles/notifications/alarms - maybe even carve out a separate genre in the Xbox Music store - so people can purchase them.

• M SheetsM Sheets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to play songs as alarms is definitely needed!

(Not to mention that the WP 8.1 Alarms app still needs to have a stopwatch and timer like it does for Windows 8.1)

• NHUKNHUK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we also add the countdown timer/alarm to this suggestion, with the ability to stop music playback? IE, shutdown audio in 30 minutes, without the timer needing to have focus?

• JenniferJennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I loved this feature on my Zune. I think it would allow you to set a playlist to wake up to so you wouldn't necessarily know what song would play. This would be a great feature to add to Xbox music!

Feedback and Knowledge Base