Tell us your idea!

Equalizer

This is for windows phone and Xbox. Please PLEASE PLEASEEEEEE have an equalizer for the ms music service. How can this be missing? I am dumping ms music/zune until you get one. This is so basic its pathetic and completely irresponsible that after 3-4 years of people asking for a basic equalizer and MS STILL has not delivered!!!!

1,451 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    leelee shared a merged idea: Windows Phone Equaliser Access  ·   · 

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really more of an OS request than a Music App request, Lumia's currently have an EQ but it only works via wired headset. It would be good for that feature to expanded to all make/model of phone while making it work on all audio output.

• WilliamWilliam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the lack of a equalizer keeps my and thousands of music lovers away from Windows Phone.

• Andrew MoroneyAndrew Moroney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The equalizer function should work like it does in Nokia MixRadio. In the "Now Playing" panel you click on the three dots and it brings up the panel where "audio settings" is one of the options.

• GiovanniGiovanni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Non avere un equalizzatore musicale su nokia lumia 520 e assolutamente intollerabile....

• FalseAgentFalseAgent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows Phone doesn't come with an equalizer but Nokia Lumia devices come with system-wide equalizer, audio leveling, and dolby surround support.

• dnshdnsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS sometimes acts totally innovative when it comes to windows phone but so easily oversees some of the basic aspects most of the times. like the equalizer. it doesn't provide us with a equalizer in the first place and didn't even allows other app developers to make it a part of their app.
        its totally ridiculous. I bet the people at MS themselves listen sings on their iPod's. huh

• CamiloCamilo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. Add this to Windows Phone 8.1!
        The current equaliser under the Nokia Audio app works only with wired headphones.
        If I'm bluetoothing audio, it doesn't work!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the xbox music app in Windows 8.1 sounds terrible. I know it's been said a number of times, but how can such a basic function be missing? If over 1000 people are asking for it, that means 10s of thousands just move on to other, possibly better options (including other fruit based OSs).

I'd beg the devs to listen to the users, but maybe we sound to tinny and so they can't understand us. It's a shame there's no equalizer to fix that..

• MaulanaMaulana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My nokia lumia 520 doesn't have equalizer.
        Also add "auto equalizer". So when the song change, it can detect its genre or anything to auto adjust the equalizer. Like AIMP3 did in desktop PC.

• demonixisdemonixis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@JamesJ my HTC 8X hasn't this feature do you have a Lumia device ?
        @Microsoft Please add an equalizer like the one in Windows Media Player, there is no other correct music app on WP8 and the current app NEED better options such as an equalizer.

• James JJames J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an equalizer under Settings > Audio > Equalizer in Windows Phone 8.1.

But! It would be better to add an equalizer button in the app bar in now playing, and the presets don't really sound good at all, so I don't use it.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base