Tell us your idea!

Add a personal background.

First I use Windows Phone 8.

I would like to select a image (saved in mi phone) and use it in the music application as background (obviously one picture by each artist), because some times I haven't artist background.

And you should improve the classification of genres, I like Metal Music and most of the bands are misclassified. Some bands appear like Rock or Pop Music. If you need more information about generes of some band that plays Metal for edit his metadata you can check: http://www.metal-archives.com/

420 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Eric AngelesEric Angeles shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ArckinsArckins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, this option is a must. Xbox Music as for now unfortunately isn't as complete for everybody. Many of us have non-US artist, usually local, indies or simply from other countries (example I have alot of Japanese artist too).

This is was almost solved by MPA Tool on Music+Videos hub which is already removed in WP8.1. :( The new Xbox Music doesn't even work properly with lockscreen.
        By allowing us to at least manually embed artist photos (maybe even bio too), this would help to solve the missing artist data from Xbox Music database. Giving us users rich and almost complete experience to Xbox Music player in Windows Phone. If also possible, allow us to fetch automatically and select from other sources (Last.FM and even Bing!), giving more convenience (though this would be messy sometimes).

By having us this option, it makes Xbox Music truly unique and personalized music platform in Windows Phone. It also makes Xbox Music have better advantage than other platforms by default. :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to set background would be awesome. At least have gray background if no artist. The black background is depressing.

• JessJess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow editing album art and album artist background image. Or perhaps doing this by using the attached image tags?

• PrathPrath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great feature to have, also please allow us to replace Xbox Music artist background with our own, since some Xbox Music artist background are low resolution and looks bad

Feedback and Knowledge Base