Tell us your idea!

Use Xbox Music Pass in the background on the Xbox One w/out snap

Xbox Music should be able stream in the background on your Xbox instead of forcing us to use the snap program to do this. This would probably be best if you allowed us to download the songs to the console so that we don't have to use the bandwith while playing. I won't go into what we lost from the 360 Xbox Music interface.

1,095 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Patrick20862Patrick20862 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Josh MorganJosh Morgan shared a merged idea: Music in the Background  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Xbox music streaming without Snap  ·   · 
    Chimp eyesChimp eyes shared a merged idea: Play music while gaming  ·   · 
    nilsTiberius nilsTiberius shared a merged idea: xbox music plays in Background  ·   · 
    Ben BeckerBen Becker shared a merged idea: Multitasking with Xbox Music  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Play my playlist when I game  ·   · 
    AndreAndre shared a merged idea: Play Xbox Music on Xbox One Unsnapped  ·   · 
    TribleDukerTribleDuker shared a merged idea: Get Rid of Snap!  ·   · 
    JoeJoe shared a merged idea: Snapped apps  ·   · 
    TobyToby shared a merged idea: Must be able to play Xbox Music whilst playing games.  ·   · 
    Mike MasonMike Mason shared a merged idea: Keep playing  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Music Streaming  ·   · 
    B1NOB1NO shared a merged idea: Xbox One music streaming lacks necessary functionality  ·   · 
    Aaron BabbAaron Babb shared a merged idea: Xbox Music should be playable while gaming on 360  ·   · 
    Marcus AnderssonMarcus Andersson shared a merged idea: I wish Xbox Music could run in the background while browsing the dashboard or Explorer  ·   · 

62 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah. This feature existed on Xbox 360 from day one and was even partly implemented on the original Xbox. Yet Xbox One background music is still a mystery.

Having music snapped (which is an audio experience (not a visual one) is so silly and a waste of screen real estate.

Also, you should be able to skip songs from the Xbox one Media Remote or from Smartglass without having to open or snap the Xbox Music app on the console. On the Xbox 360 you could skip tracks playing in the background using the remote so similar functionality on Xbox One would be good.

• StefanStefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is the most important must have. Really missing that. Or was missing that in the short time when xbox music was running on my xbox one (just for 1-2 weeks). But this is because of the country settings, my xbox live profile ist from switzerland and the xbox one is set to germany, because switzerland has not yet xbox one release. This is following by an error message, that prevents further use of xbox music. But that bad issue i will take to the support forum ;)

• Luther GlassLuther Glass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you know what i would want it to do while playing music i could just say xbox next without pressing the button to get there or i could say xbox music and while im playing the game it can just run a song in the background
        nuff said microsoft do this and enable custom music

It's amazing how Microsoft do things like this from time to time. They have the resources, the brand recognition and on the verge of doing great things and then you see things like this and it just makes you face palm. As another person stated, whoever came up with this as the default behaviour should be fired, and anyone who manages to actually get this fixed before Xbox Three deserves a promotion.

Combine this with the fact that I can't download music for offline listening now on my Android phone and Microsoft are literally forcing me to leave their ecosystem.

• DugDug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got xbox one on launch day hooked it up and went to play cod then found out music has to be snapped to listen to it while playing a game! so i put the xbox one back in its box and went back to my 360. I love playing multiplayer games while listening to music and i know a lot of other gamers out there feel the same way. Its 6 months since the xbox one came out and the 360 is still superior. What a joke! microsoft needs to fix this! Music needs to play in the background! Snapping it and losing 25 percent of my screen makes Absolutely no sense! Fix it! Dont force me to go over to ps4!

• BhutankamBhutankam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lets`play Music in Background, and let us to browse our own Music via the XBMusic App without subscribe an ABO.!!

• hectorhector commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great, great, GReAT! Improve, i love the games music but i'd Like use my own lists in my xbox music pass while playing, without using SNAP because reduces the space in my screen. Pleeeeeeaaaaaaseeeeee! Make it possible!

• lonewolf88970lonewolf88970 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I read this somewhere but a good idea would be while playing music in background to go to next song just double tap the menu button and to go to the previous song double tap the view button... Think that would be a nice add on top of playing music in background.

Count me in on this too. Don't like a compressed Forza. Text is too small in zoo tycoon. Background audio is a must. Snap is just too much for these things.

• joseph travisjoseph travis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This shuld be a top priority and shuld have been a launch feature on the verge of selling Xbox one and my 8 year gamer tag un4g0tt3nk1ll3r

• harleyharley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would definitely be something worthwhile, it was good having custom music whilst playing, on smaller tv's snap is awful when trying to play a game, especially shooters....

• Chris MitchellChris Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates here? I like the Xbox one, but can't believe how many features are missing from the Xbox one. Please,please, please bring back the music in the background option. Also, as others have suggested bring back the menu when you press Xbox button. I don't always want to be taken out of what I'm doing to see a notification or send a message. C'mon Microsoft help use out. Don't you guys play? Don't you get annoyed by the same things?

I would like to have background music without snap. Also when in snap i would like to be able to control the volume of each separate window.

• Shep04Shep04 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very disappointed with the "One"...I will try to keep this nice. I have had 360 since it's release and since have enjoyed and loved the Xbox experience. This to include playing my own music whenever I want and streaming my own movies whenever I want. Now xbox feels they need to charge us for those features?! My new "One" at this point is nothing more than a dust collector, still using the 360.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base