Tell us your idea!

Xbox Music app landscape mode

I would like for the xbox music app to have some sort of landscape mode. I drive a lot and use my phone as a GPS so my phone is in the landscape orientation often. I have to rotate the phone, which is a great inconvenience, select my playlist, and rotate the phone again.

570 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anthony_GAnthony_G shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature to the Android application as well. I use the xbox music app on my android phone and having it in landscape mode for driving isn't my preferred way to listen. It would be so much better to allow for a landscape mode.

• micah smithmicah smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Lumia 1520 pretty much never leaves landscape mode, unil I need to interact with Xbox Music. It is quite obnoxious.

• ger.ger. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ALL screens in Windows Phone OS should support landscape display, including the Start Screen AND Xbox Music for all the reasons noted below. Personally, I use my Lumia 1020 for GPS/music. With all the large screen devices that are. Being released, I don't understand why this isn't already an option. This would be a differentiating feature from IOS/Android and a HUGE convenience for existing users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same, when driving it creates a distraction having to read sideways when I have it in landscape for the best GPS (Nokia Drive) experience.

• dennisdennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should exist already. Having to rotate the phone when moving from an app (IE) to the music player is irritating. Plus if like me you don't bother and just leave the phone landscape while using the music player then go back to the app you were using, it has changed itself back to portrait mode, then eventually registers it is in landscape mode and changes back. It is slow and ruins the experience.

• Mike BeckerMike Becker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this, it would integrate into the Nokia Car App much better too, as that app has a nice landscape mode. My 1020 is usually in landscape in the car.

• Claudio MarinangeliClaudio Marinangeli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really awesome. It is a terribly needed feature I've been waiting for forever. Very importantly, as noted above, it would play well when in Car!

Feedback and Knowledge Base