Tell us your idea!

Songs in multi-disc albums cannot be sorted correctly

In WP 8.1 Preview, when I copied a two-disc album to my phone, and tried to play the songs by album, the songs would go completely out of order.

For example, it was supposed to be sorted like this:

Disc 1 - Track 1
Disc 1 - Track 2
Disc 1 - Track n
Disc 2 - Track 1
Disc 2 - Track 2
Disc 2 - Track n

But in fact the Xbox Music app will sort the songs like this:
Disc 1 - Track 1
Disc 2 - Track 1
Disc 1 - Track 2
Disc 2 - Track 2

Obviously, the Xbox Music app completely ignored the tag "disc number" and only read the tag "track number". Would you please fix this issue in future version? Thank you!

510 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • FaustoFausto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use a program like TagScanner, the problem is the ID3 tags... I fixed my albums and they are played correctly.

• SKSK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a duplicate of my idea. It has lesser votes but it has been labelled as 'Under Review'. Kindly transfer your votes to my idea.

http://xboxmusic.uservoice.com/forums/209733-xbox-music-suggestion-box/suggestions/4162435-sorting-songs-from-albums-with-multiple-discs

Can the moderators join both posts? I don't mind transferring the votes from my idea to this, as long as it's labelled 'Under Review'.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very frustrating. I can't use Xbox Music for my Pearl Jam bootlegs without having to create a play list for it. Come on guys, this is basic stuff. Plus PJ's from your back yard...do it for them & their fans.

• Carlos EduardoCarlos Eduardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous. The MeduaLibrary API does not even has the Disc Number property. This way a developer can not even create an app with correct order.

• Andrei R LopesAndrei R Lopes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aso if you put them to play, independent of how you do that or how many times you try, it's going to shuffle the musics inside the album. I couldn't find a way to PLAY one abum from track 1 to its end in the orrect order.

• WoRieWoRie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most important thing for me that is broken. Also, the Option to display track numbers in front of titles and maybe a fine line between the discs of a multiple disc compilation when adding a whole compilation at once would be a godsend.

• Marc VertidoMarc Vertido commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has always bugged me on WP8! WP7 followed the correct ordering, but now I have to either create a playlist with the correct ordering, or have separate albums.

Feedback and Knowledge Base