Tell us your idea!

Notification center... (aka Action Center)

Music app controls in the notification center...

2,390 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mohammad AlwanMohammad Alwan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    SaviSavi shared a merged idea: MUSIC + ACTION CENTER!  ·   · 
    under review  ·  RebeccaRebecca responded  · 

Thanks for the feedback, we’ll take this one back to our design team to investigate action center integration.

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finding and pressing the volume button is sometimes to slow. I'd like to control volume and tracks through the notification center, when music is playing.

• amirmohammadamirmohammad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My xbox music not showing the album completly and just 6 track that this album!!please fix the problem!!nokia mix radio are better to show album complete!

• mazmaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

سلام ظاهر موزیک پلیر ویندوز فون خیلی بده کاش میشد جزاب تر باشه و بیاد به قسمت اعلانات وقتی موزیک در حال پخشه

• Mohsen JaveriMohsen Javeri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

سلام ظاهر موزیک پلیر ویندوز فون خیلی بده کاش میشد جزاب تر باشه و بیاد به قسمت اعلانات وقتی موزیک در حال پخشه

• ArckinsArckins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Music control is already existed under Volume controls, so this is unnecessary redundancy. Indeed it would just clutter the notification area in Action Center, which the space is supposed to be for notifications (and maybe future actionable notifications), and setting shortcuts.
        The dedicated Music controls we currently have is fine, and it still have more room for any improvements without cluttering other functions. Adding it to Action Center would clutter up from this persistent music controls instead for useful notifications, which is alot.
        This may be a good idea for choice, but sorry it conflicts with organizational standpoint and just added mess for WP. iOS for example got a separate area for music controls in their Control Center, which is seperate from Notification Center. In Android, its implemented that way ever since in early version of Android, there is no other than the notification drawer is best place to put quick access media controls.
        Please let the Windows Phone be Windows Phone.

• Jermoni JosephJermoni Joseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find this to be a great idea as I often find myself wanting to change manipulate music while in the action center.
        I also agree with making it an option as I understand that there are those who don't care for that amount of flexibility.

• Niavlys77Niavlys77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's literally no point to this - press the volume button to get media controls.

All this will do is add clutter to the Action Center - Windows Phone is supposed to be about a nice clean and straight forward UI. Don't start cluttering it up!

• Qwrt!Qwrt! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont really see a point in adding this since you just have to press the volume buttons to bring up the music controls ...

Sure, choice is a good thing when it makes sense ... other than that I think the already cluttered and unorganized windows phone settings would get even more unorganized ...

• kkkkhggkkkkhgg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everyone saying no isn't thinking outside the box in terms of design and I already know how to design this idea that is brilliant! I can show you all a concept now, but I'm not on laptop. But , this suggestion should be a CHOICE. can't say NO to everything if you never tried it. Please put this as an Action Center option. Some can't operate their volume controls because either broken or gets jammed a lot. Please , please, please. A much needed feature and ios and Android has this and implemented great. Action Center is meant for action. Not a lot going on in this.

• Israel LopezIsrael Lopez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's not think yes or no and let's think: Choice. It should be up to us wether to put music controls in there or not. Leave it up to the users. Give those who want it the choice to turn it on. Let those who don't want it take it out.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think NO to this idea.

The Action Centre with more controls added will become cluttered.

When I get to the AC, I want to see the latest notifications on the screen immediately. Adding more UI controls will result in more scrolling.

The way you access music controls via the dedicated volume

• J. BelbJ. Belb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Before criticizing why we do not want this on Windows Phone, have a look at “the” reference implementation found on newer IOS versions, or have a chat with a regular IOS-of this-feature-user, or even a user converted from IOS to WP; then you could come back here and argue we do not need it.

But you see, the way this user voice thing works, is, you vote for the feature “you” would like to see integrated into newer versions of the system – not what you do not want to see.

Therefore, the easiest way – for you - to make sure this feature is not implemented is to ensure that your favorite tasks outweigh this one – simple right – just lobby for other tasks than this one – and leave it up to the voting result and the music-team to prioritize.

Right

• AdriaanAdriaan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No please do not integrate! You'll get extra clutter in the action center. Android does this too - they even show an icon when you insert headphones - why?! You do know when headphones are inserted... More and more junk in the screen.

The WP7 approach was kinda handy though, when the music controls were integrated in the lock screen.

• SKSK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bad idea. We already have music app controls while adjusting volume, which is I think more intuitive.

• Marc VertidoMarc Vertido commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make no sense whatsoever. There's already a good shortcut for music controls. If you need more, tapping the name opens up the app.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base