Tell us your idea!

METADATA AND ID3 TAGS FIX?!

First of all, the main problem people are encountering:

The metadata (album art, artist name, album, etc.) is constantly being changed by Xbox Music! I've already deleted my music collection 3 times, to no avail. Fix this so that Xbox Music DOES NOT TOUCH any existing song data. You did it before, why is the problem reappearing?

Secondly, the artist picture. We should be able to choose our own artist image, as the pictures selected by Xbox are consistently low-resolution. When I was using the Music+Videos Hub, there was an app that allowed personal addition of artist images. This should be in-built so the lock-screen doesn't look like a very pixelated Chris Martin!

I hope you take all these ideas into consideration. Quite a large number of people are starting to switch to Android and iOS due to their functionality.

1,406 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rahul NambiarRahul Nambiar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

61 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why can't it accept the artist/album/track etc info I added using iTunes?
        Fortunately I can add music to my Lumia phone using iTunes, the phone app lets me choose this, but why can't xbox music accept that I've created my own compilation albums? And furthermore, why the **** can't I create a playlist ON MY PHONE??!!! I could do it on my 5800 and my N8....
        Really annoying to have to do it ON THE PC, ON WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER.
        For heaven's sake, everything else on it is more advanced so how come this is so backward?????

• dwbmbdwbmb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be sure you really have album arts in ID3 tag and not only as image in the same folder.
        In windows PC, check them in a tool like MP3Tag. Be sure there is album art in every single song and also that there is only one album art in ID3 tag and ID3 is in some actual version. http://i60.tinypic.com/2m5e9n5.png

Noted that album art is also missing in Nokia mix radio and mirrors Xbox music even though mix radio does have background images presumably via the internet.

So maybe eben though we can view album art on a PC its not a given that it will appear on wp8.1 xbm....

My Nokia 520 still doesn't work with the new update. Seems like it works for some but not others - so what's the defining factor?

Are some of us not doing something correct? For instance I can we my album art on my PC in windows explorer with my Nokia attached via USB so I'm sure the artwork is there. I can see some images on phone but most I can't.

If there's an image though it will also display in most cases the background image and bio.

Since this topic is about existing album arts being changed by xbox music service and this issue has been fixed indeed, I would not say that is "notching fixed" as Oleksandr do. Read the description firtst then try to argue. This issue is fixed.

• fikaditfikadit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sick of the album art issues, it's been updated but still have this bug. I already delete all of my song, opening XBM to clear all of it and copying back to my phone but no luck!
        This is official basic app from Microsoft, if it doesn't works well, then bring back old music+video!!

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After Today's update, music app still has problems with my album art. On the same phone I have the Music Hub Tile app that takes me to the old hub and all my album art is perfect. Same phone!

• OleksandrOleksandr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even after today's update there is nochting fixed. Album covers don't want to be showed. Even MixRadio can see all the covers, but the Xbox Music App NOT! What are you doing there, Microsoft??? Only changing version numbers? After I deleted an album, the app cannot show the album cover if I add the album again.

It's ruining my carefully tagged music collection. Missing album covers mysteriously wrong album covers.

Why is there no repy here? This shouldn't even be up for discussion, it's a bug.

• WilliamWilliam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

C'mon MS, that's a shame, put your team to work the right way, that's a shame, a simple music player so broken.

Is it so hard to do that? Cortana knows the track by hearing it and shows me all the data, why not just implement it in the background of Xbox music?!

• Kai BKai B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@dwbmb:
        Got the new update on my phone. Still using forced id3 tag download from XBM. Still not running fluently

• DawsonDawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All these updates yet Xbox Music still gives incorrect album art to random albums for various artists, despite using MP3tag to make sure all my ID3 tags and album art are correct. Should I even expect them to fix this?

• Stu FoxStu Fox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's 2014. The first gen iPods had a better music experience than xbox music has ever had in any of its "agile" releases. If something is going to drive me back to using an iDevice or heaven forbid Android it will be the awful experience that xbox music has. I'm currently listening to a Led Zeppelin bootleg (Madison Square Garden 1973, 28th July) which Xbox Music has decided is actually Led Zeppelin II, so has merged the two albums together so I get one song from the studio album, one from the live album. Xbox music has also decided that the appropriate album art for Led Zeppelin I is Claudio Arral Chopin Etudes Op 10 & Op 25. Why it's done this I don't know, but I do know that my WP7 device didn't do this, and neither did my Zune (and FWIW, my iPod touch & classic never did either). It's just unthinkable that in 2014 a major technology can not get the basics of a music player right. ID3 tags aren't new team.

• GipobbeGipobbe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this thing. It's more than a year that I'm not able to play music decently on my WP8. At the beginning all my song were duplicated and with wrong tag and metadata, now with 8.1 the app is laggy (YOU always tease Android for lags, eh?), buggy (my 40 songs playlist now have 240 (???!) songs), and really slow. For the moment I will use OneMusic that is way better than XBM even if it's not complete.. How do you intend to sell smartphone that hardly can manage 15 songs? Shame Microsoft..

I wholly support this request. I'm tired of Music destroying my ID3 tags and/or not displaying them correctly like NokiaMixRadio does. It worked fine on WinPho 8 but the 8.1 flunked it badly

This stupid app doesn't even know what the Beatles White album art looks like. It replaced it with a Missy Elliott album. Talk about incompetence! Please fix our at least give us the option of turning off this "function".

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base